1. Can I download the data of a specific chart?
Yes, of course. By using the Crosstab download.
More info here: Download data using Crosstab
2. Can I save my usual views, so I don’t need to reset every time after opening the dashboard?
Yes, sure. Please find the View-Button in the toolbar and you can create/save multiple views
More info here: Create your own dashboard templates
3. Can I go back one step after the selection?
Yes, sure. Please find the Undo-Button in the toolbar.
Please check other Toolbar Functions here: Toolbar Functions
4. Is there an easy way to make the drill up/down (+/-) button appear or stay appear?
Unfortunately, Tableau does not support this.
One tip is to remember to hover over the “time-axis” to make the button appear.
5. I am trying to export a chart that has a scroll bar. The result however only displays the visible part. How can I download the entire chart?
You can get a whole view by selecting Unspecified for Page Size:
Go to Download and select PDF. In the Export PDF dialog box, make the following selections, and then click Download:
- Layout: Portrait
- Content: Sheets in Dashboard
- Paper Size: Unspecified
- Scaling: Automatic
6. Can I download (export) multiple sheets of data at a time?
Unfortunately at the moment, you can only download one worksheet at a time on a dashboard as a csv/excel file.
7. I filtered the dashboard by clicking on the image. How can I undo it?
Solution1: Unfilter by clicking on the same elements again.
Solution2: Use the Undo button on the toolbar to back to the last operation.
8. Can I download the data of the pop-up windows of the Map and the Carrier(s) table in the Shipping Volumes dashboard?
Yes, you can. The pop-up windows are named as “details_of_[the name of the chart]”.
Use crosstab to download the ”details_of_map_carriers_shipping options” or “details_of_carrier(s)_table” sheet.
9. Can I make lasso selections on a Map?
Yes, sure! In the upper-left corner of the view, the view toolbar allows you to zoom in and out, pan the view, and select data marks.