Configuring 2-Factor Authentication
This article explains how to configure 2-Factor Authentication (2FA) for your Paazl web app account.
Each user will be required to have their own Paazl web app account, please read Configuring users.
What you need first
Existing access to a Paazl staging or ship user account, please read Configuring users.
Enable 2FA step-by-step
Log into staging.paazl.com or ship.paazl.com with your username and password.
You will be redirected to the 2FA configuration page. The page will show a QR code and a authenticator secret code, both can be used to connect your phone.
Open the Google authenticator app on your phone and click the plus signs, see the steps below to use either the QR code or authenticator secret code:
- Select 'Scan a QR code'
- Scan the code on the screen
Authenticator Secret Code
- Select ‘Enter a setup key’
- Fill in your account name and the authenticator secret code on the screen
- Type of key = ‘time based’
- Click ‘add’ to finish the process
Open Microsoft Authenticator
- Add account if you have just installed it or the plus (+) sign in the top corner
- Select the 'Other Account (Google, Facebook, etc.)' option to add our 2FA
- Scan the code on the screen
If you already have a similar e-mail account connected to your Microsoft Authenticator you may receive a message "This action will overwrite existing security ..."
In case you want to connect a second account you can edit the name of the other account by selecting it and pressing the cogwheel at the top right. You can then edit the name by selecting the pencil.
Afterwards you can scan the QR code as above.
When you have successfully connected your phone, you will have a 6-digit code available in the app.
To complete the 2FA configuration you will be prompted to enter the code in the application. Please note: the code is refreshed every 30 seconds and has to be valid when pressing confirm.
If the confirmation is successful you will be logged in as usual. Otherwise you will be prompted to fill in a valid 6-digit code until successful.
After enabling 2FA you will be prompted to provide the 6-digit code whenever you log into your Paazl web account.
- Log into staging.paazl.com or ship.paazl.com with your username and password
- You will be redirected to the 2FA page and prompted for the 6-digit code
- Fill in the code that is shown in your Google authenticator and select 'confirm'
Each 2FA session will be valid for 8 hours, meaning you will be able to log back into your Paazl web app account without a 2FA prompt. This helps in the case of a time out due to inactivity.
Please be aware that when you log out of your Paazl account intentionally, the 2FA session will become invalid and you will be prompted again for a 2FA code.
The 2FA can reset which will allow user's to re-connect their 2FA. This can be helpful when configuration was not successful or when the mobile was lost or stolen.
This can be done with 'Reset User' under User management, please read Configuring users.
The Reset user will reset the password and 2FA.