This article provides an overview of the steps required when integrating Paazl's SOAP API with a Warehouse Management System (WMS)
SOAP API reference provides detailed information the various calls listed below.
- The order process always starts when your WMS sends an order request to Paazl. This creates a temporary order in the Paazl database. The order request can include the dimensions (length×width×height), weight, content description, HS Tariff code, and price of the product concerned
- If your customer changes the products in his/her basket, you have to send Paazl an order update because the available shipping options may have changed too.
- Your WMS tells Paazl to commit the order—including a specific shipping option and customer address—to the Paazl database
If your customer selects a pick-up location, certain commitOrderRequest elements change:
- If your customer's address details or the shipping option change, your WMS tells Paazl to change the order
- Your WMS requests the label for the shipping order; Paazl returns a PDF label in Base64 code
- If so desired, your WMS can request the order's status from Paazl
- If so desired, your WMS can get all the order status changes that have occurred since a given point in time
- If you want Paazl to pro-actively send you real-time order-status changes, ask Paazl Customer Support to activate the Push API for your WMS